Saturday, October 28, 2017

Lorre's Quilt

A Party was held for a dear coworker who will start a new phase (not working at work) soon.
To continue the tradition started 11 years ago when a coworker retires, (by my sweet manager, Maggie), a quilt was constructed and presented. 

   A Simply Chic charm pack was used along with some Strawberry Fizz fabrics (Craftsy) and some coordinating stash fabrics.  (The Craftsy fabrics are nice and they have great sales, no credit for this comment, just my opinion.)

I made a label and framed it in red for a place for all staff to sign.
 In the distant future, I hope the names will stir fond memories.

I loved piecing, sewing, and quilting this quilt, thinking of my friend Lorre!



I have some instructions here in case you want to make some star flowers, posies, and vines.  I loved making that loop on that lower vine! (Just noticed this was taken before the white binding was sewn on.)
Come back in a couple weeks for another party and another quilt pieced by Maggie and quilted by yours truly, for another friend, Beth, who is also starting that new phase of life.  Lucky Ladies!!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a wonderful workplace tradition - I'm sure the quilts are much appreciated.

KaHolly said...

Lorre's quilt is simply stunning! I can see why you enjoyed working on it so much. I just made a quilt for a friend and it was the most fun I’ve ever had, and I’ve made a lot of quilts for a lot of people. Well done! I’ll bet she was over the moon upon receipt!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...