Saturday, December 3, 2016

Return to Christmas Corner: Gifts and Attic Window Pillow

After a Christmas sewing hiatus, I finally restarted!  Tis the Season!
I've been working on some candle mats to go with the 48 votive candles in glass I got from Amazon ($32.99).

The link to the pattern for the trees is here (I made my trunks narrower) and the coaster mats here (looks complicated but so easy!)
  These gifts go along with the Christmas message to Light the World to do small things each day in December to brighten and lighten lives.  Here's a link to the advent calendar of suggestions and a link here to the inspirational video.

And here's the attic window pillow using winter scene yardage.

I made an attic windows tutorial for a Christmas in July project back in 2013 with The Crafty Quilter (she has lots of wonderful things on her blog).  You can see my tutorial here.


I started with some old fabric I bought years ago.  It's craft grade so not suitable for a quilt but just fine for a wall hanging or pillow.

I cut out this 12 inch piece

Cut it into nine 4" squares

The sashing is 1 1/2" with 2" squares cut diagonally to make the corner angle.

And the window grids are 1" strips.

I'm now thinking maybe I should have kept it a wall hanging rather than a pillow.  But I've got more of that fabric and I think I'll do a little more fussy cutting to get the scenes in the windows more to my liking.
Thanks for dropping by!
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts

5 comments:

Kate said...

Absolutely love your attic window pillow!!

KaHolly said...

Festive and fun! Thanks for including all the links! XO

DeAnna said...

Your candle mats and pillow are awesome. Love the panel you used.

legato1958 said...

What beautiful Christmas projects! Your pillow is gorgeous!
Thank you for the tutorial! I think it is such a great way to use a holiday panel.
Susie

twochicksandamom/Donna said...

I love my candle mat! Displayed on my hutch with my Christmas dishes:).

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...